Scorpios

Pinky Thu, April 19, 2007 - 12:37 PM by Pinky

Tell me what you all think of Scorpios.

Any personal experiences?
Any prejudices?
Any expectations?

Re: Scorpios

Myriad Thu, April 19, 2007 - 2:46 PM by Myriad

They scare teh everliving bejeebus out of me. I have one dear Scorpio friend but we maintain our friendship only because 1) he is unusually forgiving for a scopio and 2) we have never ever entered into a relationship that would allow his jealousy to flare up.

Nataqua Thu, April 19, 2007 - 4:35 PM by Nataqua

Hmmmm
Sketchy at best...I keep winding up with Scorpios in Libras clothing...

Thu, April 19, 2007 - 4:51 PM by Unsubsc...

Love Scorpios. Never had a problem with any Scorpios I've met. Some of my best friends, and my two closest older sisters are Scorpios.
I don't have any Scorpio in my chart (although in Sidereal, I have a bunch). The tendency is for Scorpios to act on instinct, and I find that more genuine sometimes than intellectualizing things too much (which can be an air sign tendency). I'm not sure how the astrological dynamics are supposed to work, but Aquarius and Scorpio are supposedly elementally incompatible and both fixed signs. Go figure.

Peace, Bo

-rō- Fri, April 20, 2007 - 1:44 AM by -rō-

one of the most evil people i know
is a scorpio, needless to say we don't get
along.... air feeding fire and all that...

but i have a few scorpio friends know,
we get along for the most part...
we definetly have our differences.

kinda gotten over my hibbee jibbees
with scorpios thou...

Nicole Fri, April 20, 2007 - 7:25 AM by Nicole

This is a great question. Here is my opinion of Scorpios... I love them as people. I think they exude art and individual expression, are often well-cultured and funny. They also dress really well (if they care).

The other thing is that they are really rebellious, really tend to be addicted to things like drugs or alcohol and can be very irresponsible in a relationship.

My experience with Scorpios is that I have seen the good and the bad. The one type is always happy go-lucky but doesn't want to talk about deep seated issues. The other seems to over-focus on their misfortunes in life.

Although Scorpios are very sensitive people, this can be a great thing because they are willing to listen to you sob about your bad week and offer a warm bed. They also are very independent and often busy busy busy. It's like they cannot be completely lazy or they feel like bouncing off the walls.

Oh, might I add that Scorpios are very intelligent and often are like the ones who make the highest grades in class and break the curve. They have this huge push for perfectionism and success in their careers.

Some of my favorite Scorpio celebs include: Ethan Hawke, Keith Urban, Owen Wilson.

mariepierre Sat, April 21, 2007 - 11:44 AM by mariepi...

I think they are all evil. I once thought they were actually a fire sign once upon a time...

Poosie Mon, April 23, 2007 - 3:05 PM by Poosie

One of my best friends is a Scorpio, and he's the one person that I hate being around the most, more often than not. We've known each other for about seven years now, have lots of things in common, and have tons of good times (past and present), but his lack of empathy, ability to see ANYTHING from any perspective but his highly paranoid and jealousy-ridden mind is QUITE bothersome. He's HORRIBLE at actually listening, worse at giving relavent, thoughtful advice, and the worst at communicating others ACTUAL meanings when being a intermediary. He's been the cause of fights because he's miscommunicated things between me and others. He thinks people are 'against' him one way or another quite often.....paranoia. If it's not about him it's not important (or so he comes across....even to me.....because...well...that's what I get from him).

He's EXTREMELY intelligent. He fun and funny and knows how to have a good time.

I'll miss having him in my life so much, but I definitely look forward to not running into him. It's a love/hate relationship that's for sure. Nothing in the middle anymore....it's been eaten up by one side of the other.

Now, after so much time with him I probably do have some prejudices against any Scorpios I may meet in the future. I'll always remember NOT to take what they say as what was really intended...to do my OWN research. That if I have an intellectual problem that they are one of the BEST to go to, but if it's emotional just to keep it to myself. To never never never date one.....I can't stand that kind of jealousy. Also, that they (like everyone else I guess) create their own mood/frame of mind....that it's not true, that it's malible, and that it CAN be changed. That if I'm in for some fast-fun sexual interactions my time is better spent with a Sagittarius than a Scorpio...but they DO know what they're doing.

Mainly....I know that this particular Scorpio is NOT for me, and I'd prolly not bother with another for anything other than friends or friendly-acquaintances.

That's what I think....my personal experiences and the resulting prejudices and expectations.

Tell me what you all think of Scorpios.

Any personal experiences?
Any prejudices?
Any expectations?

Thu, April 26, 2007 - 8:06 AM by Unsubsc...

<I think they are all evil. I once thought they were actually a fire sign once upon a time... >

Many people think Aquarius is a Water Sign but it is an air sign.

Speaking strictly from personal experiences: The women in my family that were Scorpio/Libra energy always seemed so much more enegmatic than the Aries/Pisces women. There were lots of both in my family and a smattering of Leo/Cancer women. The Aries/Pisces women could just release their feelings easily. You could say things to them and they would not hold grudges against you. They were very indepentdent and self sufficient. The Scorpio/Libra women you always felt like they were keeping tally of everything. Underneath the surface..you never quite knew what they were thinking because they would not tell you. Scorpio/Libra always seems like it is smoldering to me. Aries/Pisces is like a burning flame.

If the men of that sign are too sexualized they are total pains. They just can be too pushy. And I always find Aries/Piscean men to be gentlemen. Even if they are eternal bachelors. What is up w/the comparison? It is my people.

LR

Lapis Thu, April 26, 2007 - 9:41 AM by Lapis

i haven't been close to many scorpios. aquarians and other air signs, the odd cancer or sag, but no scorpios until recently.

i've been casually seeing a scorpio man for three weeks now and we get along pretty well. he tries to shock and trick me sometimes (when he's hyper he'll go on and on about blood and guts and sex) but other than that it's fine. he's polite and clean otherwise.

Thu, April 26, 2007 - 9:46 AM by Unsubsc...

I think they are ok enough...you could do a lot "worse" in my opinion, as far as these things go.

I'd rather spend my time with other creatures.

~V~

Thu, April 26, 2007 - 12:43 PM by Unsubsc...

Creature Features....

R

Fri, April 27, 2007 - 6:26 AM by Unsubsc...

Hmm well I have already expressed my opinions on Scorpio men in the "Sign Attractions" thread but here's what I think of the women.
Well my mum is a Scorpio, she is manipulative and deceitful, most of my life with her has been a constant guilt trip, always used to feel she resented me for even existing sometimes I still do think this, despite all this me and her are actually quite close and when we get on we have some great laughs together, she's had a tough life and I can see why she acts the way she does. I only have one "friend" who's a Scorpio, basically not many people like her and I keep her at arms length. We just don't bounce off each other well, I always get the impression she's not toally being herself or she's holding something back. I could see the jealousy thing being an issue between Scorpio and Aquarius.

Shawn Fri, April 27, 2007 - 11:05 AM by Shawn

hehe, I'm heavily scorpio...

scorpio rising... saturn and mars conj, also conjuct ascendant... in scorpio... Also all squaring my aquarian sun... pluto in scorpio....

yeah.... I got a lot of scorpion feel... but I tend to think scorpios as too emotional... but that has to do with uranus opposing my moon in gemini.

Dunno, don't think you can pin point me.... some scorpio obsessions can get on my nerves. Ones who dwell in negative... yeah.

Shelly Sat, April 28, 2007 - 9:38 PM by Shelly

My mother is a Scorpio. She was the most evil bitch on the planet. Cruel and overbearing, an exact replica of the movie "Mommie Dearest".
Another Scorpio I knew ended up being a child pedophile and registered on a sex offender registry list. Just look at that list, the sheer number of Scorpios on it is uncanny. Two Scorpio cousins were as dumb as they come. One was placed in special education classes, yet he has become very wealthy as an adult, has an inborn 2nd sense about money, making it, and business. He's an entrepreneur. I have read that Scorpios can be the highest or the lowest forms of human life. Many mass murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and yet also many nuns, priests, and benefactors too. My opinion, I think they are sly, manipulative, possesive, control freaks who mask there issues with "perfectionism". Can you say Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

Sat, April 28, 2007 - 10:08 PM by Unsubsc...

I've heard Aquarians called geniuses and dictators. Open minded, yet stubborn. So those kinds of dichotomies aren't unusual.
I've never had any problems with the Scorpios in my life, or those I've met who happen to be of that sign.
I'm thinking I'm more in tune with my Sidereal chart...the one that aligns with the actual constellations. In mine, I'm Aquarius with a heavy Scorpio stellium (Mars, Jupiter, Neptune). Going by the usual methods, that would make me more in tune with Scorpio energy.
I've actually had a harder time relating to other air signs, including some Aquarians. Nothing negative...good rapport, some shared interests...but no major emotional, love-type relationships or attractions (at least none yet).
This astrological-type thing is one big mystery...

Peace, Bo

Elizabeth Mon, April 30, 2007 - 9:55 PM by Elizabeth

Hmmm. your ex friend was probably the gray lizard. Supposedly there are three types of scorpios. The gray lizard who is deep on getting revenge, the eagle who flies, and the pheonix who can transform and rise.

Elizabeth Mon, April 30, 2007 - 9:56 PM by Elizabeth

I think they used to have the same planet ruling them as Aries did,, Mars. Maybe that's why.

richelle Tue, May 1, 2007 - 10:04 AM by richelle

An ex of mine is a scorpio. He was one of the worst boyfriends I ever had. On my birthday he took this skanky girl from work out for lunch and played pool, but yet he couldn't afford to get me a present. I don't care that he didn't give me a present, but it should have been me he bought lunch for, not the skank.
That and he was a compulsive liar. And he fucked a bunch of women I thought were my friends when we broke up.

Keith Mon, May 7, 2007 - 12:57 PM by Keith

I absolutely love scorpios...although a bit to secretive for me...But I have a Scorpio friend (Merc and Venus Conjuct, I just love his intensity because it matches mine..I am an Aquarian...But I also have Scorpio Rising, Mars conjuct Moon and Saturn in 1st....Pluto square my sun, and scorpio asc square my Sun, Merc, and Venus...talk about an intense Aquarian.

Merry Tue, May 8, 2007 - 2:53 PM by Merry

Wow, your description sounds exactly like my ex-boyfriend. One whom I am happy to say is no longer a part of my life, minus an email once a month for money he owes me for a car. hmph.

I've known a handful of scorpios, and I've decided that the next one that comes out of the woodwork, I'm high-tailing it the hell away from. My ex was so absorbed within his own warped reality that it was almost funny... except not.

When I first started dating him, he seemed pretty cool. I had heard that I should stay away because he was a scorpio, but I scoffed at the idea. I really wish I hadn't. Those were some experiences I could have lived a lifetime without.

Just my 2 cents.

Tue, May 8, 2007 - 3:06 PM by Unsubsc...

Sounds like we need to avoid scorpio AND capricorn males...

!!

~V~

Tue, May 8, 2007 - 4:02 PM by Unsubsc...

To be honest I can't figure out what or who my mum is anymore so I've given up and just tried to be forgiving. I can relate to her in many ways though and she admits she is a bad person but then every once in a while the sting will come when I'm least expecting it and I'm left thinking she's been building me up to knock me down.
My sister has Mars in Scorpio and she is absolutly the most jealous, cruel, manipulative bitch when it comes to men. If I get any attention from the opposite sex she has it in for me big time will go out of her way to hurt me. I didn't notice this for a long time I thought she didn't mean what she's doing but now she has just started admitting she was doing it on purpose. She's spread vicious rumors about me, things you just wouldn't say about your own flesh and blood. But it's not just me she's like this with she's stabbed all her friends in the back and told her boyfriend lies to stop him from speaking to any of them! I love her but she's an insecure paranoid weirdo!

Personally I find jealousy extremely ugly and I suspect it is usually this which drives Scorpio folk to act the way they do. Do any of them like themselves???

Tue, May 8, 2007 - 4:32 PM by Unsubsc...

I just avoid people who don't use deodorant. :)

Peace, Bo

Senora M Wed, May 9, 2007 - 6:21 PM by Senora M

I fell in love with a scorpio intelligent great in bed romantic intimate jealous but thats okay he never brought it up but they do beat around the bush alot

Mon, May 28, 2007 - 5:12 AM by Unsubsc...

buhahahahhaha1!!! i have both scorpio (also scorpio sun) and capricorn stellium!!! bash me!!!
seriusly, those peoples you describe sounds to me like a complete psychos or something.. i dont think we are all that.. and i expcted to a more objective opinions here rather then generalizations..
damm and i actualy get along well with aquarians!
and hey i can be sure horny as hell (mars in scorpio) but that dosent mean i try to posses and rape =\
and i personally am pretty lame with gettin' womens..
nahh why do i try to fight generalizations... it is generalised that aquarians are the intelctuals of the gang so i'm sure that after some thinking many you will find out that ther is no such thing as 100% and its not black and white.. damm i'm a scorpio and i'm telling you that :P
as a matter of fact i think you are one of the collest signs out ther if not the coolest
me personally i liek being who i am, dont care about prejudices cuz i loved people and people love me so what more should i ask for =]

anyway chek out ma' chart and get spookyyy
img.photobucket.com/albums/v...87182.gif

and myspace if you are realy bored (yeah i'm 17 and half but i love astrology so i had to fake the age to sign in)
profile.myspace.com/index.cfm

Poosie Thu, May 31, 2007 - 1:18 PM by Poosie

Goaty, I think that this is less about generalizations and more about what we, as individuals, have run across. It just so happens that many of us have had similar runs ins......and if we must, let us look at books such as born under a bad sign, and the like.....which are nothing more than fun.

Hell, in books like those we're space cadets with a penanche' for being aloof, quirky, and downright cold, but if you look around here you'd swear we weren't Aquarians....well...other than the quirky part....

Also, I don't believe that anyone said anything about rape. Please do NOT put nasty words like that into our mouths. It tastes bad and we're not prone to being very receptive to it. As for possessiveness....it seems to be on the extreme sign (not as in someone who has a LOT of Scorpio in the their chart....just those that roam in the darker side of their nature).

And the people that we were describing DO seem like they were walking in their dark selves.....but those are OUR run ins with people from said sign. If my only interactions were with asshole Aries who are brash and impertainent I'd assume that all of them were that way. PLUS, there were PLENTY of nice, pretty things that others said about Scorpio's.....so you're even generalizing an entire topic/discussion.

Either way, glad that you chimed in on the discussion! It's good to have another perspective.

CHEERS!!!!

Fri, June 1, 2007 - 12:34 AM by Unsubsc...

ahh the rape thing.. i read here about some scorpio wich turned out to be a child molester and that so that was about that..

and i dont try to generlise, at lest i dont mean to but yeha i assume i didn't expressed myself correctly.
i assume some people will know it is ment for them and some people will know it isn't ment for them !
either way, i dont know how much you would be glad to read aquarian negative generalisations in every damm corner on any astrology forum and site ther is.. its unbelivable.. so i got to stick for "my people", i try to show other people that we are not all the same and some of us can be as fun, open, honest, charming, sweet, spiritual, freedom lovers and givers.

anyway, yeah i have lot's of scorpio and capricorn on my chart, and i feel good at being who i am. any time i have feelings of possesvines i will challenge myself with cognetive questions, i will open a discussion with friends about it, and i just wont keep it inside.. and guess what, it had developed me a lot.

to tell ya the truth, it is some aquarians in my life who inspired me to open myself up, to shock people with true stories about things did i did to myself and laugh about it , and not fearing to tell any deviation and sexual deviation i have etc.. it is the aquarians wich i started to open up to and say the most embarasing things i did to myself, and they toled me i'm not the only one in ther own way =]

so god bless astrology, or whoever is in charge.. for me it is was and still is a great trip to self revealing, accepting, and progressing.
knowledge is power!

stay in peace!

Gecko Wed, June 13, 2007 - 12:16 AM by Gecko

yes little scorpios, feiry ones

Gecko Wed, June 13, 2007 - 12:19 AM by Gecko

please please people enough of our perversions!

I'm a scorpio and bloody proud of it
All things have a bad side, but used the right way can bring about instances of cosmical wonder!

I'm the phoenix, its all fuel for the fire baby, the rocket has been launched!

I love you goaty!

sign bashing is kinda dumb, just live people - the joy and wonder that you are!

Wed, June 13, 2007 - 1:15 AM by Unsubsc...

much respect brotha' !
lets surf on a firework for no reason !! hehe

Wed, June 13, 2007 - 6:14 AM by Unsubsc...

I've had an experience with a scorpio, very loving and romantic. Oh, maybe that's just because he's my boyfriend. :-P

~Leila~

wabi-sabi Wed, June 13, 2007 - 7:22 PM by wabi-sabi

gawd i can't stop being paranoid about the Scorp guy..

taylor Sun, June 17, 2007 - 11:24 AM by taylor

well the scorps i deal with are all completely different people from each other. One an all right friend of mine, cuz i doubt she'd let me any deeper in, dresses in all black and all the chains and shit and sometimes, she doesn't, she could just as easily wear a band shirt with jeans. Anywho, she felt to me as manipulative and lying and she may still be but she's not acting it, but matter of fact I trust her more than a certain Aries male that i felt was my best friend but yeah. Another one is a girl who doesn't have sex at all ( i know i know she could) but dresses rather normal and his quiet but not shy cuz she opens her mouth and the stupidest things can come out, its cute, but you still see the intelligence under it. Another one, male, is loud random kinda gross and has no respect for anyone at all, but then again i can get like that too, and is just all around an ass unless he gets what he wants, but I feel its mostly for attention where as i do it for fun. And lastly one of my favorite people in the world is a scorpio that wears sandals with kilts and colored socks tongue piercing and shaves his head and grows out his ear hairs, but he is one of the wisest people i know and laughs non stop at me and vice versa. making the typical incompatibility on the net wrong in most cases cuz i get along with most . Just wouldn't date any, no reason to put anyone through that

Sun, October 14, 2007 - 3:00 AM by Unsubsc...

Being raised by my scorpio dad was always taxing and intense.

Sun, October 14, 2007 - 11:38 AM by Unsubsc...

My sister is a Scorpio and I feel we get a long pretty well. We've had intense debates over things, especially while growing up, but I feel it only enriched our relationship.

I get along with other Scorpios, as well. They tend to be secretive at times, but I can respect that. They usally come around when they are ready.

~Incendiary~Fairy~ Wed, October 24, 2007 - 11:11 AM by ~Incend...

I LOVE scorpios...they are so fun to play with! Maybe I understand how they act, because my moon is scorpio......

I love their sexuality. They are very, well, sexual...and, well, I guess me too!

I get very frustrated, because I really have a stinger when backed into a corner.....so I understand the inate and very carnal reactions of scorpio. Thank the starts I am AQUARIAN...or I would probably fight with myself so much I would die!

I am in constant battle with my inner thoughts, as the scorpion rears its evil head.....but I have matured enough in life to understand what is happening to me as I battle myself!

Anyway, best friend in the whole world is Scorpio male. Yes, not very deep, and pretty self centered.....but an amazing friend. My step daughter is scorpio, poor thing....but we get along great. My daughter's best friend is scorpio, and she is amazing in the ways that she sees the world....she must have some amazing other signs in her chart....very open minded little girl.

I definitely feel the reclusive part of scorpio ever too often...and wonder why I have not left my house for weeks on end......those times are over though, as I work...but I will hide when I need to.

Anyway, sorry you all have so much hate for these crunchy critters......I find them fascinating!

petra Wed, October 24, 2007 - 12:00 PM by petra

I miss my "crunchy critter" lover... he is soooo wild in bed! And he's very warm-hearted when he chooses to be. Maybe it's my Uranus in Scorpio, but we have some unbelievable chemistry! I think a challenge with Scorp males is their fixed nature (I'm just as fixed), but I suppose if Aqua/Scorp partners had similer goals, it would certainly be a match made made in heaven.

BTW, do any of you notice the male Scorpio walk? It's more of a swagger, really. They have a bounce in their step, and they are often a little bowlegged, so they always look like they just got laid. ;)

kat Sat, October 27, 2007 - 2:59 PM by kat

hahaha, i've noticed the swagger.

i made a painting of a scorpion today for my drummer's birthday on the 5th. wonderful creatures...

Purnima Tue, November 6, 2007 - 8:25 PM by Purnima

Shelly,

Okay about the connection you made between "dumb" and special education classes...you're incorrect about that. I used to think stupidity required special education, but that's not the case. I've had friends from special ed who are seriously BRILLIANT. They just had certain disabilities like dyslexia and ADD. It does not immediately mean they're stupid. In fact, I think people who have these disabilities and still manage to succeed are MUCH better than the REST of us who are perfectly heatlhy. They get to the top despite the extra challenges they face.

But yes, you're right that scorpios tend to either be REALLY great or REALLY bad. I'm a scorpio moon and I won't defend scorpios because you stated what seems to be a subjective opinion and you can't argue subjective issues...but I needed to disagree with the special education point. *shrugs*

- Purnima

astrocat Wed, November 7, 2007 - 3:50 PM by astrocat

By far my least favorite sign. I don't trust them in the least bit. They are generally way too needy and intense for my liking. I feel as if they will devour me given the chance. Pretty much everytime I see someone in a room that just rubs me the wrong way, they turn out to be a Scorpio. Having said that, my best friend in high school was a Scorpio. But she had a Leo moon. And in my experience I've always loved Leo moon people.

♪♪Catmeow♪♪ Sun, December 2, 2007 - 7:51 PM by ♪♪Catme...

I love Scorpios and my boyfriend is also Scorpio! My mom is a Scorpio and is well loved by the community here for her charitable works and kindness. She was and still is a great mom. We never fight. The brother I am closest to has a heavy Scorpio influence, also.

And btw, my boyfriend has a Pisces moon, but despite what is said about Scorpio and Pisces, he does not have an addictive personality at all, not into drugs or getting hooked on booze.

Supernova Mon, December 3, 2007 - 12:25 AM by

Mmmm.............. I really have a thing for blonde Scorpio women.

Schirin Tue, December 4, 2007 - 12:56 PM by Schirin

<Many people think Aquarius is a Water Sign but it is an air sign. >

The official explanation is that the water in the Aquarian's urn is drawn from the fountain of eternal wisdom. Knowledge, intellect, logical analysis and insight are all, ultimately, qualities symbolised by 'air'.

thequeasy Sat, December 22, 2007 - 10:27 AM by thequeasy

passionate they are.sex with them is awesome.but communication errors here I married one.
my mum & my sis r also scorp. If 3 of them in the house at the same time I will run for the hills.

Schirin Sat, December 22, 2007 - 12:39 PM by Schirin

I just went through a bad experience with a Scorpio. He was a liar, he strung us along knowing that it would cost us dearly, and didn't care. BLAH! on Scorpios!!! Run!!!!

Sat, December 22, 2007 - 2:10 PM by Unsubsc...

Scorpios.

Not for me, except for the hot ones to fantasize about. I have one of those at work. It's enough.

Other fish in the sea.

~V~

Thu, January 10, 2008 - 6:28 AM by Unsubsc...

"I keep winding up with Scorpios in Libras clothing" LucyMe, do you mean... on the cusp of Libra ? It does help make it easier to relate to them.

However, I have Scorpio moon sign, so I am odd in being more compatible with them than most Aquarians. I love their intensity and mystery. So long as both myself and a Scorpio accept each other's differences, we learn much together from our relationship - whatever form it takes.

Thu, February 14, 2008 - 6:11 AM by Unsubsc...

I find Scorpios to be lots of fun and intriguing. I think they are the one other sign that is extremely connected to the spiritual and esoteric realm. Most scorpios I have known are quite diverse in music taste, style, and ways of thinking. They can be are extremely loyal, passionate, sexy and wild in bed. There is an occasional sexual deviant that's possessive, manipulative. Uggg...that's the freaky scorp that stings the Aquarian airy free spirit. Those scorps become history fast when encountered by me. I've had good luck though. I love Scorpio women the best. One of my closest friends who's brillant, gorgeous and funny is a Scorp. She's quite a rebel when it comes to not being part of the mainstream. My Libra boyfriend and other Libra best friend has tons of Scorpio in their chart. They both are sweet, hold undying loyalty and respect for me. They are both artists too. There is that self defeating side that kicks their asses on occasions. I just have to gently remind them they are amazing to get their act together. I think that's Libra thing too. I never understood it Scorps are ok with me, supposedly not matched well with Aquarian.

jasmin Mon, March 24, 2008 - 7:36 AM by jasmin

I find that sun Scorpios and Scorpio risings are concsciously overbearing and dominant in their own circles BUT easily itimidated by other people with heavy Scorpio in their chart.

For example, I'm an Aquarius with Mars and pluto in Scorpio -- with Pluto conjunct MC and SouthNode. I know a couple of people who are scorpio risings and sun signs who easily sense my unconscious Scorpionic way of exerting myself in social situations and they almost always overcompensate by trying to exert themselves over me. It never works and they always back down! Maybe because my Mars and pluto are dignified in scorpio?

Anyway, I find it funny that these people can innately sense my scorpionic dominance, even if I'm not exerting it consciously. It always catches me by surprise because their behavior changes radically for what appears to be no reason.

Mon, May 5, 2008 - 12:10 PM by Unsubsc...

I married a scorpio/sun gemini/moon......still no idea what his ascendant is. All he knows is that his doctor was happy because he was born before the hockey game started that night lol
I like scorpios for the intensity/passion/depth (I am capricorn sun/aquarius rising and cancer moon) but sometimes the total lack of any diplomacy is frustrating. I also hate being lied to so nonchalantly. The scorpio mystery is nice though. I get bored with other signs sometimes for their predictability. Scorpios are a love/hate thing...they can break you very easily if you hand your heart to them :(

I think our moons are not compatible; have had the 'locked out' feeling from the beginning; which is like torture to a cancer moon. Its a pretty 'key' thing for me...
My circle of friends is kindof overrun with scorpios, and they are all deep, but yet have a great sense of humour..(which i thought was odd...i didnt know if that was typical or not) They are also all very creative people.

haha..my aquarius is intimidated and says "RUNN FROM THE EVIL SCORPION!!$!!&(*" but my cancer moon and cap sun says "mmmmmm...wussssup there pluto-child....."

Mon, May 5, 2008 - 2:08 PM by Unsubsc...

While there are exceptions - particuIarly given the nature of generalities and astrology - I think Scorpio males are a ridiculous joke. I couldn't imagine being involved with such a manipulative type of character on a daily basis...

the females are the only ones that save that sun sign from extinction. Pretty much the exact same thing could be said for Capricorns - the females save the sunsign

But hey, Astrology is largely bullshit anyway, prone to willy nilly projections of humanoids stuck on giant spinning rock, barely wakin' up to the universe, thinking since they have some teeny tiny clues, they got it worked out.

Did you know you can get a friggin college degree in astrology? Jeebus.

Oh yeah: aquarians are the best...............................sometimes..............................................but not really..........................if you know what I mean.

~V~

Tue, May 6, 2008 - 10:48 AM by Unsubsc...

speaking of sci-fi, you kids simply must rent the firefly series, the farscape series and the battlestar galactica series

really well done, all of them: human sized, character-driven sci fi.

Onwards, dorks.

~V~

Sun, June 29, 2008 - 11:24 AM by Unsubsc...

I think Scorpios for the most part from what I have seen are always in such competition with everyone else if they feel they have the slights inkling of "loosing" that tail comes out and stabs you right in the back. The race is all in their freaking head! They will run over anything and anyone to get what they want as long as the cost is to someone else and not to them. I won't even befriend a male Scorpio, I have tried being open minded about them and every time I get burned. I have noticed in my travels that Scorpios are fiercely loyal to lovers and their children. Boy they do make hot lovers though! Maybe that's why I seem to get along with female Scorpios so much better ;)

Zanne Fri, July 4, 2008 - 4:21 PM by Zanne

"Scorpios are fiercely loyal to lovers and their children"

You certainly never knew my mother then although it can appear that way to the outside because their lovers and children are "theirs" and they can do with them as they please, but god forbid anyone else even says a cross word to them or they will annihilate that person. Of course that was my mother and the other Scorpios I knew were fine. I actually liked all the others.

I'm Libra/Scorpio cusp and Scorpio rising and all of my relationships (except for one abherrant Scorpio) have been with Aquarians and long term at that. I've gotten along great with all the Aquarians I've known (and that's a big number) and our connections have always been endless. I don't have the jealousy thing, maybe that's it. And I tend to be extremely independent and need my space. Yet, people do tell me I'm the most Scorpionic Libra they know and I would agree. Very little Libra in me. I guess there's enough to make me more intellectual than emotional though because that is how I connect. I tend to distrust emotion far more than the Aquarians I've known.

I tend to like Aquarians because they are intellectual, creative, independent and different. I like eccentric people being so eccentric myself. I also can't stand superficial nonsense. (That is definitely the black and white Scorpio coming out because those people I cut dead.)

And sex with Aquarians is creative and transcendent. They'll try anything. Can't beat that.

I guess it's a good thing I'm a cusp and not a true Scorpio. :o)

Sun, July 6, 2008 - 10:46 AM by Unsubsc...

In Sidereal, I end up with scorpio taking the place of sagittarius (mars, jupiter, & neptune). I notice in my sidereal chart, water switches with the air elements, so that I end up with very little air and plenty of water, lots of earth, and a little fire.

No aquarius involved when I try the sidereal way.

pand0ra Fri, August 1, 2008 - 8:37 PM by pand0ra

I was with a Scorpio for 8 1/2 years... it was deeply and tortuously tumultuous, but I believe he is one of the most amazing and special human beings on this planet, and I love him dearly to this day, even though it's been a while since we've gone our separate ways...I am an Aquuarius Sun/Gemini Moon/Leo rising by the way...